Process and Eligibility
Is everyone able to provide a blood sample?
Initially our Blood Collection Program will be by invitation only though, at some point every OHS participant will likely be invited however, you are NOT eligible to provide a blood sample if you:
- have a blood-clotting disease such as hemophilia;
- have had any procedures performed on both sides of your body that would make you unable to give a blood sample (e.g., lymph nodes removed from your arm or chest, an arteriovenous (A-V) shunt for haemodialysis, etc.); and/or
- have observed any condition that makes sample collection impossible (e.g., rashes, oedema, open sores, wounds, cast, occluded veins on both arms, etc.).
- Please be aware that for your safety we WILL NOT collect blood if you have received a blood transfusion within 48 hours prior to your visit to LifeLabs® Medical Laboratory Services or received radiotherapy or chemotherapy 12 weeks prior to your visit to LifeLabs® Medical Laboratory Services. If either of these situations apply to you, please schedule your visit accordingly.
How do I provide a blood sample?
- Log in to your personal home page.
- Complete a five-minute online screening questionnaire and read/sign a consent form.
- Print your OHS requisition form.
Book an appointment through LifeLabs® Medical Laboratory Services’ online appointment booking system or visit any LifeLabs® Patient Service Centres across Ontario.
How to book a LifeLabs Appointment:
- Bring your requisition form to your preferred LifeLabs® Patient Service Centre.